With her allowance, Lauryn bought a baby doll that pees and poops. Oh yes. Pees…. and poops.
I sewed cloth diapers for it because I refuse to pay $5 for a package of 6 baby-doll diapers.
You’d think there would be a catchy title for a post about that series of events….but I’m really without words.
Lauryn paid $24 dollars for the privilege of changing fake poopy diapers.
And I spent an afternoon sewing cloth diapers for a baby doll.
What is there really to say? A strange reality I’m living in…
I used this pattern, but found I needed to add about half an inch to the top and bottom of the pattern for the Baby Alive doll. Following the original pattern left her butt crack exposed. Which would just be wrong. I also followed the suggestion on this post and added a strip of terry cloth down the middle of the diapers for absorbency.
Here’s “Zoey” modeling her new diaper. I think she’s a little creepy looking, but don’t tell Lauryn.
Lauryn wasn’t thrilled at first about the cloth diapers, because they aren’t “real”. It took some convincing to persuade her that some babies really, truly wear cloth diapers.
Lauryn thinks it was money well spent. The feeding. The peeing. The pooping. It was all she’d hoped it would be.